- This event has passed.
Music + Festival: Bernstein, Adams and Berio
October 17, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The goal of the 2015 Music + Festival: Bernstein, Adams, Berio is to present the lives and music of three major composers with a rich humanistic framework. The festival consists of a film screening, symposium with scholars presenting the lives and work of the composers, and four concerts. The objective is not only to present the finest musical works of the 20th century, but also to contextualize these pieces within the fabric of history, politics and the broader human experience.
Project Director: Daniel Asia / 520-621-1655
Please contact the Fred Fox School of Music for all final program times and locations.
Visit http://music.arizona.edu/News-Events/event/1445 for full details.
- Opening Symposium with Matthew Mugmon, Mirabel Alvarez, J.C. Mutchler : October 17, 1:00PM, Rm. 146, Free
- Concert I: Arizona Wind Quintet : October 17, 4:00PM, Crowder Hall, Free
- Concert II: Aizona Symphony Orchestra, UA Studio Jazz Ensemble, UA Wind Ensemble: October 17, 7:30PM, Crowder Hall, $10, 7, 5
- Concert III: Milbauer, Luce, Kirkbride, Thomas with dancers from UA School of Dance: October 18, 2:00PM, Crowder Hall, Free
- Concert IV: Jeremy Huw Williams, baritone; Paula Fan, piano; Arizona Contemporary Ensemble, Arizona Choir: October 18, 4:30PM, Holsclaw Hall, Free
- Film: “On the Waterfront” – Music by Leonard Bernstein: October 24,7:30PM, Fox Tucson Theatre, $7, 5, Free for children under 12