Apply to Be a Speaker by June 10th
Do you have an interesting topic to share?
Arizona Humanities is seeking qualified individuals to join the 2015-2017 AZ Speaks Roster.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday June 10th, 2015.
Ready to fill out the online application?
As an Arizona Humanities AZ Speaks presenter, you deliver presentations that inform, enlighten, challenge, and delight audiences of all ages. From Arizona history, archaeology to architecture, folklore to film, linguistics to law, technology to transportation, economics to environmental sustainability, globalism to gender studies, we are looking for speakers to share their humanities scholarship with communities across the state of Arizona.
Humanities scholars are welcome to apply to one or all three of the following topics and speaker categories:
- Archaeology and anthropology
- Arizona and Arizona history
- Art, architecture, dance and music history
- Storytelling and folklore traditions
- Film and media
- Environmental sustainability (as it relates to the humanities)
- Globalism (including but not limited to economics, war, migration and immigration, technology, and ethics)
- Justice studies/jurisprudence
- Native American studies (including but not limited to contemporary Native literature and literary criticism, art and culture)
- Race, gender, and ethnicity
- Science, technology, and culture (as it relates to the humanities)
- Women’s studies
Road Scholars give engaging lecture-based presentations. All Road Scholars programs conclude with a lively question and answer session.
History Alive speakers portray figures of the past, delivering educational and stimulating presentations that introduce audiences to exciting historical characters.
Speakers in the Schools
Speakers in the Schools provide interactive programs on a wide variety of humanities subjects relevant to Arizona K-12 curricula.
Accepted speakers will begin November 1, 2015. Need More information about AZ Speaks or speaker requirements? Read about eligibility requirements and speaker responsibilities.
Contact: Ellie Hutchison, Programs Manager
602-257-0335 x26 / email@example.com